Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Basket! (The Best Egg Salad. Ever!)

I am reposting this as most of you, like me have too many eggs lying around. I had to hard boil 3 dozen eggs just so we could each decorate 6 eggs! Rebecca can't stand eggs. So that leaves 36 eggs for 5 of us. I love sliced eggs... I love eggs in my salad and I love egg salad. This is the best egg salad recipe. Ever!



Boil your eggs -- as many as you want, for about 15 minutes. (Though have left them on for as long as 20 and they've been fine!) Then I remove the eggs from the hot water and place them in an ice water bath (a large bowl or pot filled with cold water and ice cubes) for a few minutes to prevent the eggs from cooking any further and to cool them off for decorating, or handling!

Peel your eggs and place aside.

You'll need some salt, pepper about 1 tsp mustard (I love Dijon) and 1 heaping tbs. mayonnaise (I use this ratio for every 2 eggs --but you can adjust as you wish.)

Using an egg slicer, slice the eggs lengthwise then width wise and toss chopped egg into a small bowl. Repeat as needed depending on how many eggs you use.

Add your salt, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise and with a fork mash the mixture until everything is well blended. Spread on bread as desired and voila! Your perfect egg sandwich. Christopher, my 8 year old, makes his egg salad all the time. Sometimes he'll even add a dash of Old Bay Seasoning into his egg salad. It's quite good that way too with a nice added kick!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: