Monday, September 5, 2011

Cake Batter Birthday Cake Rice Krispy Treats

taken with my Instagram


It's that time of year again... that Birthday time of year! My baby turns 6 on Wednesday and while he is away I am getting all his goodies baked. This way they'll be hidden (in the basement) and he won't go looking for anything! I usually make cupcakes for his class but I wasn't inspired by anything terrible fun or creative this year. Since I also have to bake a cake (he'll have that night with us after dinner) I wanted something that was fairly light and relatively easy. I knew when I came across a recipe for Rice Krispy treats that involved cake mix and sprinkles that I had my answer!

This recipe could not be any easier, tastier, kid-friendly, mom-friendly!

Ingredients:
6 cups Rice Crispies
3 tbs butter
1 bag of marshmallows
1 cup cake mix (white or yellow)
1/8+ cup sprinkles
24 Cupcake liners
Non-stick spray

Directions:

In a large pot melt the butter, stir in the marshmallows and mix well.
Add the cake mix, and mix well
Add 2-3 tbs of sprinkles, mix well
Add the Rice Crispies
Mix well
Add another 2 - 3 tbs of sprinkles

Spray a small ice cream scoop with non-stick spray.
Arrange cupcake liners in cupcake tins and scoop the treats into each liner.
I added a few sprinkles by hand to the tops.

What kid won't love these?

What mom won't? In fact there should have been enough for 24 but somehow I ended up with just 23 :-) (It was deelish!)

2 comments:

DMC said...

My little man turns seven soon and his first grade class will also be enjoying these treats! Thanks to you!!

Girl Land said...

Just made these for my daughter's daycare bday treat. Really good! Although I had some issues with them sticking to the liners but prob just because they were cheap liners. Thanx!