These were so simple. I used a boxed cake mix, Betty Crocker yellow, and baked the cupcakes per the directions on the box. I used a canned vanilla frosting, Keebler grashopper cookies (Girl Scout Thin Mints would work as well) m&ms, and orange slices. From start to finish (including baking time) I don't think I spent more than a couple of hours on these.
1 large bag of m&ms
2 boxes of Keebler Grasshopper cookies
1 package of orange slices
2 cans of vanilla frosting
2 boxes of yellow cake mix
1. Bake cupcakes per directions on the box. Let cool.
2. Spread icing over each cupcake
3. Using a sharp knife, cut chocolate cookies in half
4. Place one half cookie as the head and two halves as the wings
5. Cut the orange slices using two slices for the feet and one for the beak
6. Place a small amount of frosting on the orange wedge for the beak and place on the head
7. Place orange wedges on feet
8. Place a small amount of frosting on each m&m to secure onto the penguin's head.
I made 40 cupcakes