Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Very Favorite Fudge Brownies

These are requested everywhere I go. These decadently rich, but not overly sweet chocolate treats are perfect to bring along to a picnic on the beach, a class party or your neighbor's Super Bowl party! (Go... Pats!)

Ingredients:

4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (but salted will do)
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of flour
1 cup of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
3 tbs. ground coffee or espresso (instant coffee does not yield the same flavor but will do)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Melt butter and chocolate in a *double boiler over med heat, or microwave for 2 minutes on high -- be sure to stir so that all is melted
Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, coffee and chocolate chips or chunk
Mix well and pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan

Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Do not overbake!

*I do not have a double-boiler. I know, hard to imagine a girl who so loves to cook and who so adores Williams-Sonoma wouldn't have a double boiler, but until I move out of My Crazy Crowded Kitchen, I will use my perfect, fool-proof method.

Fill a medium sized saucepan with water -- about 1/2 way, bring to a boil then place a large metal mixing bowl on to (into really) the pan and place the chocolate and butter in to the mixing bowl. Turn the heat down to low and keep stirring until the butter and chocolate are completely melted.

No comments: