Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sour Cream, Lemon and Blueberry Muffins


These were lemony-light-delicious and divine!!!  Proclaimed to be the best muffins I have ever made. I concur that they are up there on my top 10!

The special ingredients here are the blueberry flavored Ocean Spray cranberries. They have the consistency of a raisin or dried cranberry, but with the blueberry flavor. We like them better than the dried blueberries!

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup (or less) sugar
3/4 sour cream, light
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups unbleached flour
1+ cup of Ocean Spray blueberry flavored cranberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425

In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs and sugar, add oil and sour cream and beat until light and fluffy.
Add lemon juice and zest. Add baking soda and and flour. When well mixed add the dried cranberries.

Spoon into 12 well greased muffins tins. (We use a non-stick spray)
Bake for about 24 minutes

3 comments:

Miss Janice said...

These sound like just what I'd love to have this lazy Spring morningwith my hot tea! Have a fabulous Sunday!

The Daily Daisy said...

Hello~~~I just made these for my daughter to have as an after school snack, they look delicious! I was just making sure the temp is 425, because your next muffin recipe says 325. More more more recipes please....thank you!

erica said...

Wow what a fabulous recipe. I have some blueberries in my freezer maybe I will give this a try with them. Loving your blog and I am now following!

xo