Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Zucchini Muffins with cranberries and chocolate chips



I adapted this Zucchini muffin recipe from Smitten Kitchen. She had adapted hers from several sources. So I guess, this is a mutt of zucchini bread recipes. Whatever you call it I call it delish!

This recipe makes 2 loaves or approximately 24 nicely sized muffins

Ingredients:



3 eggs
1 cup Canola oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup each dried cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips or a combination thereof (optional -  I wanted to add the raisins but I had run out!)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Grease and flour  24 muffin cups or spray them with Pam like I do. If I hadn't run out of pretty liners I would have used those.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and as well as chocolate chips and/or dried fruit, if using. Mix well.
Pour batter into cupcake tins. (I used a small cookie scoop.)
Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Let cool if you can stand it!

1 comment:

Carla said...

These look great! They are next on my list of things to bake. I just posted a chocolate zucchini muffin recipe on my blog last week. I love it a lot. These seem like a nice switch from chocolate. Love the idea of the cranberries!