Thursday, January 20, 2011

How 'bout them apples?



I had this idea that I just had to try... My kids love peanut butter and apples... my kids love peanut butter and honey on apples... but what would happen if, let's say, we took the apples and the honey and peanut butter and dipped them in the granola? I was going for a sort of a candied apple treat that had no candy and was somewhat healthy... So I had to test out my idea... as a lover of crunchy apples and all things peanut butter and all things granola I have to say that this was one WOW of an afternoon snack!

Ingredients per medium sized apple:

2 tbs of peanut butter, regular or chunky
1-2 tsp honey
1/2 cup of granola -- you will not use it all

Directions:

Wash and slice apples
In a bowl place peanut butter and honey and place in microwave for about 35 seconds
Using a fork blend the peanut butter and honey mixture
Using a knife spread some of the mixture onto the apple
Either dip the apple into the granola or using a spoon sprinkle a very generous amount of granola over the apple slice... you may need to repeat another time or so.
Repeat until all the apple slices have been covered.

We ate this as our afternoon snack but this would be fabulous for breakfast...

It would also be great over bananas!

1 comment:

Anne said...

awesome!!! I'm not sharing it with my kids...LOL