Wednesday, January 12, 2011

(Healthy) Breakfast, Lunch, Snack or Dinner...

My new favorite sweet treat is Greek yogurt with a little bit of honey drizzled over the top and some home made granola. I could eat this all day long. It's perfect for any meal or a snack. I like Fage or Choban 0 fat and I add the honey and granola myself. I can't wait to have another one for breakfast! Be careful with the granola, however. I have been eating it as though it is going out of style!



Granola

1 container of Quaker Oats (or your preference) - Not quick cook
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of cranberries
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/2 - 1 cup of sliced almonds
1/2 cup of wheat germ
1/2 cup of canola oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 brown sugar

In a large bowl mix all your ingredients together until well blended.
Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Spread mixture so that it is evenly distributed. Bake at 300 for 1 hour. Let cool and harden.

1 comment:

Glenna said...

This is one of my favorite things ever! I've never made my own granola though. I'm going to try your recipe! Thanks!