Saturday, June 12, 2010

when the Nutella jar is empty...

Don't panic! You may or may not want to run out to the grocery store. I went to my local Trader Joe's. But came out empty-handed. Devastated and empty-handed. I promised my 9 year old that I was going to make him a Nutella and Banana Pannini. I really didn't want to waste more gas by going all the way to the grocery store. I really didn't want to waste my time at the grocery store on a Saturday morning for the sole purpose of a jar of Nutella. So as I drove home I knew I had to be creative. To some peanut butter I would add a little powdered sugar and cocoa powder and create a chocolate peanut butter spread.



So as soon as I returned home I headed to the kitchen. In a bowl I added:

2 Tbs. peanut butter (Skippy Natural)
2 Tsp. cocoa powder
2 Tsp. powdered sugar

I placed the bowl in the microwave for 12 seconds to soften the peanut butter.

In a hot pan I added about a tsp of butter and let it melt. On fresh challah bread (or any other really good bread) I spread a generous amount of the peanut-chocolate-butter spread on top of which I added a few slices of banana and topped it off with another slice of bread.

Into the hot pan (next time I will use the indoor grill) my sandwich went. I let each side get golden brown and crispy, then I sprinkled a little bit of powdered sugar over the top.

The sandwich was a big hit!

Note this is not as sweet as the Nutella is.





Good to the last bite!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Oh that's sounds SOOOOOOOOOO good!

Kim Reese said...

So yummy!!!