Monday, May 3, 2010

Raspberry Citrus Muffins



I'm a morning person but I am not. I love to get up early and write but I need to be in bed with my cappuccino while doing so. I don't want to have to get up unless I absolutely have to. I love the idea of getting up early and baking so that the kids will have some fresh out of the oven muffins ready for them for their breakfast. As much as I aim to do this I fall short. Way short. I have even thought about having the batter ready and scooped into muffin tins the night before. But with the after school rush of sports and homework and dinner this never happens. So I will stick to using my weekends. I'll bake a couple of batches and freeze them and take them out as needed. I still pop them in the oven before serving... so they still have that warm out of the oven feel and taste. This is the best I can do for now!

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter, room temperature
2/3 C sugar, plus more for sprinkling
2 eggs
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C orange juice
Zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
2 C flour
2 tsp. baking powder

- beat together sugar and butter
- add eggs and beat well
- add OJ and zest
- add sour cream
- add baking powder and flour, mix well
- fold in about 1 1/2 C raspberries -- I used frozen, thawed, about 1/2 bag


Pour batter into lined or greased muffin tins and bake at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes. (Test with a toothpick)

Makes 12 muffins

No comments: