Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pesto di Christoforo



My little 9 year old loves to cook. He has a natural knack for flavors and aromas. He has a lot to learn, but he's got what it takes to be a great cook one day.

I had to have an MRI done on my shoulder today. I was given a cocktail of medicines to prevent an asthmatic/allergic reaction. The medicines left me in a very relaxed state. Verrrry relaxed. The injection of contrast dye and MRI went smoothly. The only odd sensation was what felt like 5 extra pounds of fluid in my left arm. I was not to drive due to my meds and I was not to lift anything heavier than my remote control.

I was taken out to lunch and dinner was made for me.

Christopher made a most amazing (everyone had seconds!) pesto that we served with angel hair pasta.

We will certainly be making this again!

Ingredients:
Juice of 1 lemon
1 large bunch of pesto (about 2.5 cups) rinsed, trimmed and stems removed
2 cloves of garlic
4 Tbs of Parmesan
1 cup of Olive oil
1/4 tsp of salt

(We used a mini food processor and made this in two batches --can be made in one batch in a regular food processor)

In food processor bowl place basil leaves, add olive oil, lemon, garlic, parmesan and salt. Blend well until all smooth.

In a large pot boil water for pasta. Follow directions on box of pasta.

When pasta is ready drain water, reserving about 1/2 cup of liquid. Keep in pan with pasta. Mix well.
Pour in pesto sauce and mix well. Add extra Parmesan for garnish.

NB. This recipe is Nut free

 
Chef Christoforo!

3 comments:

Travelbugmom said...

OK - MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD - gpes tO YOU!!!!!!
MRI, camera recovered from loo, and you still post a BLOG!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! You ARE MY IDOL! Love your son! Love the recipe! Love you!!

Travelbugmom said...

OK - MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD - gpes tO YOU!!!!!!
MRI, camera recovered from loo, and you still post a BLOG!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! You ARE MY IDOL! Love your son! Love the recipe! Love you!!

Princess Freckles said...

I just love all things pesto! What a talented son you have!