Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mrs. Clause's Snickerdoodle with a Twist


I love a simple cookie.

Snickerdoodles are just that. Little bites of perfection, really. I added my own touch to Mrs. Clause's recipe. Instead of using cinnamon and sugar for the topping I used cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie Spice. I did have to add a little extra sugar to the ratio. I hope Santa likes this version of his wife's recipe! I certainly liked the subtle boost of flavor!

Makes Approximately 2 Dozen • From the kitchen of Mrs. Clause

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 1/2cups sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder

Topping
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Directions

Cream butter. Add sugar and add mix thoroughly. Sift flour, baking powder and salt; stir in mixture. Form dough into balls about the size of walnuts and roll in mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes at 400 degrees.