Friday, November 6, 2009

Simple and yet Sublime Chicken Salad

Everyone once in a while I get a hankering for a good chicken salad. I love chicken salad as long as it's not loaded with mayo and the pieces are the perfect size -- neither too big nor too small. I need a little bit of crunch and I need a ton of flavor.

I had a large package of Amish chicken breasts that had to be used up.

*I tossed them all in the pot of boiling water and let them cook away for about 20 minutes, before removing the breasts from the water to cool. (About 2 pounds)

* I peeled the meat away with my hands and shredded it into perfectly bite sized pieces.

* I tossed the meat in to a bowl.

* I chopped a bunch of scallions and added them to the chicken and a couple of heaping spoonfuls of mayonnaise (Hellman's Light) and mixed it all up really well. Then, the magic ingredient to add a wallop of flavor, simply a couple of shakes (to taste) of Lawry's Seasoned salt!

I made this simple chicken wrap by using a The Tortilla Factory wrap. I like these as they are lighter, have fewer calories and carbohydrates than regular wraps. And they come in a slew of flavors and they are marvelous. For the crunch I added some broccoli sprouts!

Filling, fulfilling and guilt-free!

2 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

Now this is something I can make-we have Hellman's mayo over here!! Yippee! Looks yum-thanks for another great recipe.
Best wishes, Natasha.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love chicken salad and I like the idea of the wrap version. Looks delicious!!! Have a great weekend. Love & blessings from NC!