Wednesday, October 21, 2009

insalata di antipasti

We eat a lot of salads. I am fortunate that my kids quite like salad. Of course I have to spice it up and add lots of fun things to it. I chop the lettuce so that it is not too big for my littlest one to handle. And I toss in all sorts of goodies that leave them coming back for more. One of their favorites is my Antipasti salad. It's just as it sounds. All the goodies found in antipasti tossed into a large bowl with some lettuce and a nice red wine vinaigrette.

The following will feed a family of 4 to 5

Ingredients:

3 heads of Romaine lettuce, trimmed, washed and chopped
1/4 lbs of sliced turkey (from deli) julienned
1/4 lbs sliced ham (from deli) julienned
1/4 lbs sliced cheese (from deli) julienned
1/4 lbs sliced salami, julienned
1/4 lbs pitted kalamata olives, sliced
1 15 oz can of artichoke hearts, sliced
1 handful of cherry tomatoes sliced
1 handful of peperoncinis, sliced (optional)
1/4 - 1/3 red wine vinaigrette (good bottled variety)
1 tbs oregano

In a large salad bowl toss in all your ingredients and mix well!

Feel free to add any other ingredients you wish!

(The picture above is missing some of the goodies... they were buried!)

2 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds like a fantastic chefs salad. I love pepperncinis, but I cant spell it well:)

The 5 Bickies said...

Yum...love this! Would love it even better if my kids would eat it.