Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's the Great Pumpkin Muffin (Charlie Brown)!!!



I love pumpkin. Anything pumpkin. I love that my kids love pumpkin too. It's so good and healthy for them too. We make lots of pumpkin breakfast goodies in the fall. It's September and the heat and humidity have left New England. The cool, crisp air is perfect for baking. Yesterday I made some fabulous pumpkin muffins. Always a hit around here. I added dried cranberries and raisins for a perfect breakfast or morning snack. We're running out quickly!

Ingredients:
3 cups of unbleached flour
1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 - 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
1 can of pumpkin puree
4 large eggs
3/4 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup of skim or 1% milk
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of dried cranberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Pour mixture in to muffin tins either well greased or lined with cupcake liners. (I use a small ice cream scoop and fill each tin about 3/4 to the top.)

Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes... check for done-ness with a toothpick after 25 minutes.

When done remove from oven and let cool.

A perfect taste of fall!

4 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

I have so many cans of pumpkin! I'll certainly be making these. I know my fiance will love them!

Mandy said...

Yum! I have a DEEP LOVE AFFAIR with pumpkins every year from September to December. I love everything pumpkin and falltime. I can't wait to bake my own pumpkin bread and pumpkin cheesecake soon! I'll be trying your recipe soon! Thanks.

Domestic Diva said...

Yummy!! Thank you for this. Do you have a cocktail for the fall? I bet you do - can't wait for it!!
Have a fabulous day!! xxxx me

Marie said...

We made the muffins today...they are very good. I had no raisens so I threw in some chocolate chips instead. The craisens get all plump and yummy when baked. I made mini muffins and the recipe made 6 dozen...so now I've got lots in the freezer for busy mornings....yummmy!