Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Official Preppy Cocktail?




It's as good as it is pretty!
Light and refreshing... a perfect drink to be enjoyed out on your porch, deck or balcony on a warm summery day. Prepare a large batch ahead of time and bring some with you to Polo, the beach or to a neighborhood block party!

1 shot of vodka, I used Absolut
1 shot of limoncello (I used the medicine cup and filled it to the brim, so roughly 3 tbs)
1 strawberry cut into pieces and placed in glass
2 basil leaves, chiffonaded and placed in glass with strawberry
A couple of basil leaves for garnish
1/2 cup of pink lemonade
1/2 cup of seltzer
If you have the time you can marinate the strawberries and chiffonaded basil leaves in the pink lemonade for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and garnish with the basil leaves.


This drink needed some green and I do not like the flavor combination of strawberry and mint. Basil actually has a sweet, herby flavor and it lends itself beautifully to this drink.
Cheers!

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I know what the next drink I am trying is. Very soon too as this warm weather is putting coktails into my brain!

MaRiN said...

How can you drink something so pretty? Looks beautiful!

Deeba @Passionate About Baking said...

It's REFRESHINGLY delicious. Maybe I'll just pack my bags & get across!!

Another Outspoken Female said...

I love your use of the medicine measurer :)

ps: thanks for linking confessions of a food nazi, it is wonderful to be included in such a food blogging alumni1