Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A is for Apple pancakes


I made the kids a special breakfast for their first morning back to school. Since we are very limited on time I used a packaged pancake mix. I prefer Aunt Jemima. I followed the directions on the box substituting fresh apple cider for the milk and I added 1 cup of chunky organic apple sauce. The pancakes were so light and fluffy!

Directions:

Heat pan, griddle or skillet, coat with butter or a non-stick spray.
Prepare pancakes per direction on the box substituting the apple cider for the milk
Add 1 cup of applesauce.
Mix well
Using a small scoop (like you would use for making cookies) place scoopfuls of mix on to the pan, skillet or griddle. Be sure to leave a good bit of space in between each pancake to ensure room for flipping!
As soon as the pancake puffs up you can flip it over. When they are golden brown they can be removed from the griddle.

Serve immediately with fresh maple syrup!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: