I came up with this idea not too certain what the end result would be. Some of my creations are better than others! This one is fabulous -- agreed upon unanimously by those I have served it to. It's like eating a nice cup of chai tea, especially when eaten warm.
3 cups unsifted, unbleached flour2 cups of sugar
1 cup of canola oil
1/4 Cup of hot (boiling) water
1 tea bag
1 tea bag
2 Tbs. of powdered Chai Tea mix
2 tsp. vanilla3 tsp. baking powder
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
1. Steep tea bag in hot water for at least 2 minutes
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all your ingredients -- in no particular order!
3. When tea has steeped pour the liquid into the bowl
4. Tear apart tea bag and put the tea leaves into the mixture
5. With a hand or stand mixer combine all ingredients -- the tiny tea leaves will pepper the dough
Pour into a silicone Bundt pan. (If you do not have one run out and get one! If you do not have a silicone Bundt pan you can place the mixture in to two loaf pans.)
Place in oven and bake for approximately 1 hr. 15 minutes -- you may want to test after an hour. (With the loaf pans test after 45 minutes)When done remove from oven and let sit about 20 minutes before removing the silicone Bundt pan. If you try to remove it too soon the cake will crumble! Let cool another 5 minutes or so further.
Serve with a nice cup of tea, English Breakfast is a nice compliment, or a nice tall glass of milk!