Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Margot's Red Raspberry Sauce


My friend Margot hosted our most recent book club dinner-get-together. I've never eaten anything I haven't liked at her house and I should post all of her recipes but if I had to choose one it would be this. Normally I wouldn't drool, dance, shout or sing about a fruit sauce poured over ice cream. But I have to tell you that this was To Die For... so without further ado I shall post... and let you know that her recipe is not written and all approximations, so you may want to change a little something to your liking. I thought it was divine the way it was!

In a saucepan over medium heat, Melt 2tsp butter, add 2 tsp brown sugar and melt.

Add 2 cups raspberries, stir
Add ½ cup (give or take) Cointreau (I am sure Grand Marnier would work well too)
Add ½ cup (give or take) Chambord

Margot says she someone Flambée i to burn off the alcohol. She could not get hers to light so she brought it to a boil for a minute then served it over vanilla ice cream. I can't wait to serve this out on my new deck this summer!



No comments: