Monday, July 5, 2010

Simply Sandwiches

Who says sandwiches have to be simple, childlike and boring?


I made a couple to bring to a 4th of July party. First I made a Tomato, Boursin and Basil Sandwich on a baguette that I blogged about here, and then I made a prosciutto, mozzarella and arugula sandwich with a hint of lemon -- also on a baguette. And the brownies I wrote about in the post below that disappeared practically the very second I brought them out! I cut the sandwiches into (roughly) one inch strips so that they could be eaten easily as appetizers. These might be my new go to sandwiches of choice for potluck picnics!

Prosciutto, Mozzarella & Arugula with Essence of Lemon


*1 large good quality French baguette*Sliced prosciutto and mozzarella (enough to cover the length of the baguette entirely), or a prosciutto wrapped mozzarella roll, sliced to cover the baguette
*Arugula (baby spinach may be substituted) to cover the length of a baguette
*Several Tbs of good quality olive oil, to be brushed on to each side of the baguette
*Zest from 1 lemon, gently placed on one of the baguette halves
*Lemon juice, squeezed lightly over each half of the baguette
*Place one half on top of the other and slice as thin or as thick as you'll need your sandwich slices

 Optional, festive toothpicks to place in the center of each sandwich slice.

1 comment:

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

Delish darling, I have yet to make any dinner for myself and this is exactly what I need right now, too bad I have nothing in stock to make it.