Thursday, June 23, 2011

the world according to Gorp (cookies)


School's out. It's been raining. A lot. I haven't spent much time in the kitchen lately - not as much as I normally do. And life has been so busy that I haven't had much time to document the recipes I have created. I will try to be better about this this summer. We've done a little baking, though. Last week I decided to add some Gorp (also known as Trail Mix) to a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. I purchased an enormous container at the grocery store. It wasn't a fancy brand and the entire container cost me about $10. The mix contained peanuts, m&m like candies, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, raisins and dried pineapple. (I wondered about that last ingredient, but it works well with the rest of the mix!)

I made my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe and added about 3 cups of the trail mix. I had to bake them a little longer than my original recipe requested as they were so chock full. They were delicious and a perfect mid morning or mid afternoon pick me up treat!


Click here for my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. Leave out the fillers and replace with the trail mix!

No comments: