Sunday, March 14, 2010
My nine year old made this. This is seriously the best guacamole I have ever had! I went out to lunch with my husband to a fabulous South American/Pacific Rim restaurant with a guacamole that is sublime. I wanted more and my son always wants to cook. We took a basic guacamole recipe and tweaked it. Rick Bayless, watch out!
• 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
• 1 ½ lime, juiced
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
• A good shake of ancho chili powder (or any red chili powder)
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and dice, or 3 Plum or Campari tomatoes
• 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
• 1 clove garlic, minced
Scoop the avocados (discard pit and skin) and place the meats in a large bowl. Squeeze the lime, set aside. Dice the onions and tomatoes, set aside. Using a mortar and pestle or a potato masher mash the avocado, add the lime juice, tomatoes, garlic, onion and cilantro and mix well. Add spices, mix well. Let sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.