Friday, January 1, 2010

Spicy Artichoke Dip


I scoured the internet looking for a good recipe for artichoke dip. It amazed me how simple this was to make. For the most part mayo, cheese and artichokes. I even found some great looking recipes that also called for crab. Divine! But I needed something that would appeal to my children too since it was New Year's Eve and we would be feasting on finger foods until the clock struck Midnight and the Ball dropped in Times Square. I would try the crab another time. Meantime I needed a dip with a little extra Umph! And I wanted to cut out some of the calories. So I created my own. And it was OUTSTANDING!

I apologize for not having a picture. I have one actually but it is not good. I've been practicing with my new camera, but it seems the older one is actually a bit better for capturing food. But you know what artichoke dip looks like and I assure you this looks like all the rest, only it tastes better!

Recipe:

1 14. oz can of artichoke hearts
1/4 cup light mayonnaise (Hellman's)
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbs of Dijon mustard
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 - 2 good dashes of Worcestershire sauce, add more if you desire

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Drain (really well!) artichoke hearts and chop them finely. Place into mixing bowl.
Add mayonnaise, sour cream and cream cheese. Mix well so that all is well blended.
Add Parmesan, Dijon, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix Well.
Place in an oven safe baking dish.
Bake for about 20 minutes until the top starts to bubble and turn light brown.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Sounds yummy ~ I'll have to give it a try the next time I need something quick.

Jo