Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Peanut, Peanut Butter Cup Cookie (A lil bite of Heaven!)




Makes about 3 dozen cookies

There's nothing I like better than peanut butter and chocolate when I have a hankering for something sweet. I'm a sweet and salty kind of a girl. And these cookies satisfy both cravings! They really are like a little bit of Heaven in your mouth!

I adapted this recipe from Family Circle Magazine because I needed it to be peanuttier!

Ingredients:

2 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks of butter (I use regular salted)
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter
1 (overflowing!) cup of dry roasted peanuts (I want the salty flavor of the nuts) chopped
1 cup of mini peanut butter cups (I used Trader Joe's brand) or Reese's mini cups coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In a large bow sift together flour and baking soda, set aside

In a large mixing bowl beat together sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in peanut butter.

Add in flour mixture until well blended.

Add in peanuts and peanut butter cups.

Using a small scoop place cookies on cookie sheet leaving an inch in between each scoop (I can fit a dozen on each sheet)

Bake 15 minutes

Let cool on cooling rack

and enjoy!

6 comments:

Jo said...

I love sweet and salty ~ I'll have to try these out!

Jo

Beth Cotell said...

These look so good! Darn my son for being allergic to peanuts!

Jean said...

those sound and look heavenly!!!

Donna-FFW said...

Oh, easily my kind of cookie. Nothing beats choc/pb combo!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not posting the calorie count. I'll assume it is calorie-free as I make them.

Jen said...

omg, I nearly forgot about these. Must make them. Preferably tomorrow.