Saturday, August 8, 2009

Simply Peach & Almond Cake


In advance, appologies for this photograph as it does not do this wonderful cake the justice it deserves. If it's summertime (or you live in Georgia) and the peaches are fresh and you need a hostess gift this is the gift to give! Plate it on a new, pretty platter and voila! I assure you this will not disappoint!

What I love most, since I am really one of the laziest people on the earth, is that this is made in one bowl... even better, just toss the ingredients in any order... no sifting, setting aside... nothing like that. This recipe really is as easy as 1, 2, 3! (Best part is that it tastes as though you've slaved all day!)

Preheat oven to 350... Then grab the following ingredients:

3 cups of unsifted flour (I used unbleached)
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of salad oil. (I always use Canola as it is healthiest)
1/4 cup of milk (I used 1% as that is what I had on hand)
3/4 cup of almond meal (you can make your own by pulsing whole almonds til smooth in food processor)
4 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cup diced peaches, skin on

1. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl of large mixer (KitchenAid), Mix well

2. Pour mixture into a well greased tube pan or silicone bundt pan (2-3 loaf pans would work as well)

3. Bake for 75 - 90 minutes. Check for doneness using a wooden skewer if you have one. (If baking in a loaf pan, check for doneness after 60 minutes)

Let cool completely, at least 20 minutes before attempting to remove from pan (10 minutes if using a loaf pan)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! I am going to try to make this. I have to!! This fall I am taking a few cooking/baking classes. I have zero skills so this should be interesting. All of your yummy recipes have been inspiring! That & the gal who teaches offers tours in France!! I'll let you know if this cake comes out burned or well burned ;)

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Wow, look at you getting all peachy-peachy! I'm bookmarking this gem... gotta use up all those peaches, you know!