Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Alexander's White Bean Dip

Alexander loves hummus. We were going to make some today but when I saw a can of small white beans in the cupboard I decided we were going to make a white bean dip instead. He had no objection! He was happy to make anything as long as he could push the buttons on my Cuisinart Mini Prep!

Ingredients:

I can of small white beans, rinsed and drained
2 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
4 tbs. olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
salt, pepper
2 tbs. capers -- love the taste these added!

In a small food processor add all the ingredients and puree until smooth.

Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.

Great with pita chips, toasted Italian bread, crackers or as a spread on good, bakery bread with lettuce, cucumbers and sprouts!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds tasty! I love the zing capers add to everything.

We rehydrate our beans so it takes a little planning, but I'll keep this in mind next time we've got some ready white beans!

Jen said...

Sounds like something my kids would like. Will it last a couple of days in the fridge, you think/

Jessica Ryan said...

absolutely Jenn... we are on day 3 today and I will be having this AGAIN for lunch!

Jen said...

awesome! I'll try it this weekend. I'll be snowed in with the kids (again), and it will be a good project!