Friday, May 9, 2008

Back in the saddle again brownies!


These are the easiest, most basic and most delicious brownies you could ever bake. I got the recipe off the Baker's chocolate box. They are fool proof and always a hit.

I will post the original recipe and then the changes I made to make them my own -- er, excuse me, Alexander's own!

4 squares Baker's unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. *vanilla
1 cup of flour
1 cup of coarsely chopped *pecans

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your brownie pan.

Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl (not plastic!) for about 2 minutes, until butter is melted. Stir butter and chocolate until you get a smooth mixture. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour and add nuts. Pour and spread in to your prepared pan.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted int he center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares, remove and eat!

Should make 24 brownies!!!

*I added a bag of chocolate mint chips instead of the nuts. I loathe nuts in my brownies! Regular chocolate chips are divine in this as well.

*Instead of the vanilla I added a generous shake of pure peppermint extract to enhance the mint flavor of the chocolate chips.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I hate nuts in my brownies too. I like the adddition of mint chocolate chips. Where do you find them? I used to find them around Christmas time but haven't seen them the last couple years.

Jessica Ryan said...

I think they were leftover from Xmas... they are Nestle's... Shhh don't tell!! LMAO